J H Haynes & Co Ltd ("we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act"), the data controller is J H Haynes & Co Ltd of Sparkford, Yeovil, Somerset, BA22 7JJ, England.
1. Information We May Collect from You
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
(a) Information that you provide by filling in forms on our websites "www.haynes.co.uk" and "www.uk.haynes.com" ("our sites"). This includes but is not limited to information provided at the time of registering to use our sites, purchasing our goods or subscribing to our service. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our sites
(b) If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
(c) We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
(d) Details of transactions you carry out through our sites and of the fulfilment of your orders.
(e) Details of your visits to our sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own internal purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
2. IP Addresses
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- A cookie is a small amount of data sent from our server and stored on your browser or your computer's hard drive if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
- Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of our sites to operate and are already set. These are strictly necessary for the services that we offer and without them the website cannot operate as intended. You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Cookie name||Purpose||More information|
|__utma||These are Google Analytics cookies where a is a letter. These cookies collect visitor activity data for the purpose of analysing website performance.|
|__utma||Records the number of visits a visitor makes.||Lasts for 2 years|
|__utmb||Takes a timestamp of the moment a visitor arrives.||Expires at the end of each session|
|__utmz||Keeps a record of a visit’s source.||Lasts for 6 months|
|__utmc||Takes a timestamp of the moment a visitor leaves.||Expires at the end of each session|
|__utmv||Classifies a visitor (our classifications are unique to haynes.co.uk).||Expires at the end of each session|
|REFERRER||This stores information if a user has been referred from another location.||Lasts for 14 days|
|hbbaaaaa||These are for our forum pages where a is a letter.|
|hbblastvisit||Tracks the last visit||Lasts for 12 months|
|hbblastactivity||Tracks activity in the last session||Lasts for 12 months|
|hbbsessionhash||Tracks activity of a guest visitor|
|hbbpassword||Keeps a record of login if user checks ‘Remember Me?’||Lasts for 12 months|
|hbbuserid||Keeps a record of user ID if user checks ‘Remember Me?’||Lasts for 12 months|
|PHPSESSIONID||This ‘session cookie’ tells us that you are actively using our sites so that we can track, at any given time, how many users we have.||Expires at the end of each session|
|PREF||Used by YouTube to store user preferences when viewing pages containing video content.||Lasts for 10 years|
|GEO||Used by YouTube to store user preferences when viewing pages containing video content.||Expires at the end of each session|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Used by YouTube to store user preferences when viewing pages containing video content.||Lasts for 8 months|
A copy of the above table is available for download in PDF format.
(a) to allow you to carry information across pages of our sites and avoid having to re-enter information;
(b) within registration to allow you to access stored information;
(c) to speed up any searches you undertake on our sites;
(d) to help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our sites and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly; and/or
(e) within research surveys to ensure you are not invited to complete a questionnaire too often or after you have already done so.
4. Where We Store Your Personal Data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Uses Made of the Information
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
(a) To ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
(b) To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
(c) To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
(d) To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
(e) To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, where you have consented to such use, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
6. Disclosure of Your Information
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
(a) In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
(b) If our company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
7. Your Rights
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. Access to Information
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.