Owning and driving a radio control car is enormous fun for drivers of all ages. Modern radio control cars offer something for everyone, from pre-built models for indoor use, to professionally designed kits which make use of modern materials to allow miniaturisation of the cutting-edge technology used in full-size cars.
The Radio Control Car Manual provides a complete guide to all aspects of buying and using a radio control car, covering both electric and nitro models. The down-to-earth text, supported by numerous colour photographs and illustrations, provides everything the complete novice needs to know, yet is sufficiently detailed to appeal to those who already own a radio control car who are looking to progress to a more complex model or to become involved in racing.
The Radio Control Car Manual details everything you need to know, including:
- How to choose a model - including electric and nitro, kits and ready-to-run (RTR)
- Building a car - tools, assembly techniques, basic set-up, installing radio gear, painting and finishing
- Maintaining a car - cleaning, checking geometry, checking electrics, protecting against water
- Performance enhancements - upgrading, batteries, chassis and suspension settings, gearing, bodyshells, wheels and tyres
- Driving a car - choosing radio gear, driving techniques, mastering jumps, problem solving
- Going racing - racing classes, race day, racing techniques, designing a track
- Appendices - including glossary and useful contacts
The information on this page is supplied courtesy of Haynes Publishing, please credit accordingly if you intend to use it. For more information or to request a review copy please contact Spirit PR on 0117 944 1415 or email Haynes PR
Haynes Manuals is the world's leading publisher of illustrated workshop car and motorcycle manuals, as well as producing manuals on a wide range of DIY, leisure and lifestyle subjects. These will continue to include motoring and motorsport related subjects.