Rover Minis, the last 'classic' Minis produced before the introduction of BMW's 'New' MINI, are now very affordable, but even 10-year-old models are, in many cases, in need of attention. With the aid of over 500 colour illustrations and numerous step-by-step procedures, the all-colour practical Mini Renovation Manual provides expert advice on how to breathe new life into a used and perhaps tired example of the Rover Mini.
From simple weekly checks and preventative maintenance, to the renewal of worn components and details of known problems and how to fix them, the down-to-earth, comprehensively illustrated text provides all the information required to enjoy a Rover Mini on a budget. For the more adventurous, driveshaft renewal, clutch renewal and rear subframe renewal are also covered in detail.
- The story of the Rover Mini's development and evolution.
- What to look for and what to avoid when buying a Rover Mini, including common faults, buying spare parts and insurance advice.
- How to carry out all the recommended routine maintenance/servicing procedures, from oil level checking to valve clearance adjustment.
- How to renew components that commonly need attention on high-mileage cars, including suspension components, the clutch, sills and rear subframe.
- Advice on carrying out simple modifications, such as fitting uprated brakes and modified instrument dial faces.
The Mini is still incredibly popular, and is served by numerous specialists and owners' clubs all over the world. Appendices listing clubs and specialists can be found at the rear of the Mini Renovation Manual.
Paul Hardiman is a freelance motoring journalist and photographer, with a keen interest in practical projects. He contributes regularly to motoring magazines such as Classic & Sports Car of which he is a former Assistant Editor and Classics. He lives at Wheatley in Oxfordshire
The information on this page is supplied courtesy of Haynes Publishing, please credit accordingly if you intend to use it. For more information or to request a review copy please contact Spirit PR on 0117 944 1415 or email Haynes PR
Haynes Manuals is the world's leading publisher of illustrated workshop car and motorcycle manuals, as well as producing manuals on a wide range of DIY, leisure and lifestyle subjects. These will continue to include motoring and motorsport related subjects.