29th November 2018: Haynes has introduced a unique new range of ‘Icon’ titles. The compact titles, which were originally published in classic manual size, celebrate just some of Britain’s many legends of land, sea and air.
The new compact Haynes Icon titles are ideal gifts for enthusiasts. The Icon series features triumphs of British engineering such as the Concorde, Titanic, Spitfire, Tornado and Churchill Tank.
Concorde (Icon Manual), David Leney and David Macdonald, Haynes, £12.99 (www.haynes.com – ISBN 9781785215766)
- AV geeks will lap up this book which concentrates on the technical and engineering aspects of Concorde, and gives rare insights into owning, operating, servicing and flying the supersonic airliner.
RMS Titanic (Icon Manual), David Hutchings and Richard de Kerbrech, Haynes, £12.99 (www.haynes.com – ISBN 9781785215759)
- RMS Titanic celebrates the world famous ocean liner, which sank on her maiden voyage in 1912. The book shows how this leviathan was built, launched and fitted out to provide lavish accommodation for passengers. It also gives insights into the operation of the transatlantic liner.
Supermarine Spitfire (Icon Manual), Alfred Price and Paul Blackah, Haynes, £12.99 (www.haynes.com – ISBN 9781785215742)
- Written with the full co-operation and authorisation of the Royal Air Force, this special book offers a unique perspective on what it takes to own, restore and operate a Spitfire, as well as providing an insight into the engineering and construction of this remarkable fighter aircraft.
Tornado (Icon Manual), Geoff Smith, Haynes, £12.99 (www.haynes.com – ISBN 9781785215735)
- Railway enthusiasts will get on board with this compact book about the 60163 Tornado. Published in association with The A1 Steam Locomotive Trust, the book provides a detailed explanation of the construction, operation and maintenance of the steam locomotive that attracts huge crowds wherever it appears.
Churchill Tank (Icon Manual), Nigel Montgomery, Haynes, £12.99 (www.haynes.com – ISBN 9781785215919)
- The ability of the Churchill Tank to take punishment and still fight on was legendary as its capacity to climb impossible slopes during the Second World War. This title captures the achievements of the iconic tank, how it was built and operated and recent restorations.
For more information about the books and to request content please contact McCann PR:
Anna Vitentzatou on 0117 313 9478 or email@example.com
Lynsey Wickens on 0117 921 8146 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, email haynesPR@mccann.com
The information on this page is supplied courtesy of Haynes Publishing. Please credit accordingly if you intend to use it.
This press release content, together with an archive of published press releases, is available for immediate download from Haynes Online PR: https://corporate.haynes.co.uk/press-release
Haynes Publishing has been the world's leading publisher of illustrated workshop car manuals and motorcycle manuals since 1965. In that time Haynes has evolved and so have its Manuals to now include a wide range of automotive, sport, leisure, military and lifestyle subjects. Haynes also has licenses to publish Manuals with the Royal Navy, the Royal Air Force, Star Wars, Star Trek and others.