Every PC user knows how frustrating it can be when something goes wrong - and incomprehensible error messages don't help. Whether your problem is with a desktop or a laptop, your internet connection or your hard disk, Windows 98, XP or Vista, internet and email, this manual shows you how to troubleshoot methodically and resolve all common problems with hardware devices.
Forget all the computer jargon, Computer Troubleshooting is written in plain English, with full colour photographs and with concise step-by-step instructions throughout. Suitable for all levels of experience, it shows what to do when your computer plays up, plays dumb or plays dead and how to take preventative measures and recover from disaster.
- Step-by-step guides to finding and fixing real world problems
- How to fix common hardware faults and replace faulty kit
- How to understand and solve system conflicts
- What those mysterious error messages really mean
- Easy ways to fix internet and wireless connections
- How to resurrect a PC that's playing dead
- How to recover from digital disaster
- Where to get extra help
Kyle MacRae and Gary Marshall are freelance writers and journalists based in Scotland, contributing technology and internet features to magazines, newspapers and radio programmes. They're experts at explaining things in plain English, helping to make everyday computing accessible to everybody.
Also in the same series:
- Build your own computer (2nd edition)
- PC Home Entertainment Manual
- PC Projects
- Build your own website
- Mobile Technology Manual
- Using Your Computer (2nd edition)
- Mac Manual
- Windows XP
- eBay Manual
- Internet Genealogy
- Desktop Publishing Manual
- Digital Video Manual
Visit HaynesOnline Computers & Digital Technology for more information.
The information on this page is supplied courtesy of Haynes Publishing, please credit accordingly if you intend to use it. For more information or to request a review copy please contact Spirit PR on 0117 944 1415 or email Haynes PR
Haynes Manuals is the world's leading publisher of illustrated workshop car and motorcycle manuals, as well as producing manuals on a wide range of DIY, leisure and lifestyle subjects. These will continue to include motoring and motorsport related subjects.