Discover the hidden value of your household items...
What do you do with your obsolete mobiles phones, unwanted children's toys and old books? Recycle them, take them to a car boot sale, or perhaps banish them to the loft? Before you hastily clear out all these items that you may think will never be of use to you again, think twice about how valuable they could become in the future.
Written with verve by TV's Jamie Breese, the Collectables Manual covers everything from the obvious to the obscure. Whether it's Action Man or action comics, Elvis or Elton John, stamps or Star Wars - a truly remarkable range of twentieth-century collectables is covered.
Whether you are thinking of taking up collecting as a hobby, looking to cash in on the value of your collectables or are just keen to find out if there may be hidden treasures around the house, this manual has it all.
Topics covered include:
- Toys and children's collectables - Action Man, Bagpuss, Barbie, Beanie Babies, Cabbage Patch Kids, dolls, Noddy, Peter Pan, Sindy, Smurfs
- Sports memorabilia - Beckham, cricket, football, Formula 1, Olympics, rugby, tennis
- TV and film collectables - Avengers, Blue Peter, Dr Who, Alfred Hitchcock, Magic Roundabout, Simpsons, Star Trek, Star Wars, Starsky & Hutch, Terminator
- Music memorabilia - The Beatles, Elvis, Elton John, Fender Stratocaster, jukeboxes
- Surprising collectables - Jelly moulds, jigsaws, lava lamps, NatWest piggies, phonecards, plastic furniture, prams, Rubik's Cube
- Model collectables - Britains farm figures, Corgi, Dinky, Hornby, Matchbox
- Pottery and ceramic collectables - Alfred Meakin, Belleek, Beswick, Carlton Ware, Clarice Cliff, Denby Pottery, Portmeirion Pottery, Wade
And much more: autographs, books, cameras, coins, comics, flying ducks, fountain pens, home computers, luggage, medals, phones, newspapers, pin-ups, postcards, radios, stamps, televisions...
Beautifully illustrated, the Collectables Manual is a fun and comprehensive guide to collecting for all tastes and pockets.
Jamie Breese's experience includes ten years of network TV presenting (including BBC2's The Life Laundry, The Antiques Show and ITV1's This Morning and Everything Must Go!), journalism (nine years of weekly columns for the Sunday Mirror and magazine features including BBC Homes & Antiques and Woman's Weekly) and consultancy (eBay's collectables spokesman). He often appears on GMTV as an antiques and collectables expert.
The information on this page is supplied courtesy of Haynes Publishing, please credit accordingly if you intend to use it. For more information or to request a review copy please contact Spirit PR on 0117 944 1415 or email Haynes PR
Haynes Manuals is the world's leading publisher of illustrated workshop car and motorcycle manuals, as well as producing manuals on a wide range of DIY, leisure and lifestyle subjects. These will continue to include motoring and motorsport related subjects.