Heading off on a long distance adventure ride? This book is an essential guide for all you need to know.....
Adventure Riding Techniques is the definitive guide to the specialist skills needed for off road adventure riding, written to give readers the confidence to undertake a long-distance adventure ride, whatever the conditions.
Adventure Riding Techniques takes a practical approach to adventure bike basics, riding techniques, crossing different types of terrain, riding positions and survival. In typical Haynes style, using picture-led chapters and step-by-step instructions, the book covers all the key aspects of the techniques relevant to adventure riding.
Included are these essential topics.
- Adventure bike preparation: bike basics including suspension and tyre pressures, training schools, luggage, equipment and accessories
- Terrain: gravel, sand, rocks, mud, water, road
- Essential skills: steep ascents/descents, ruts and obstacles, getting out of trouble
- Specialist techniques: riding at speed, brake slide turns, riding off camber, digging out
- Long-distance riding: motivation, mental preparation, fitness, nutrition and hydration, route-planning, navigation and communication
- Security and survival: personal safety, cultural differences, survival techniques, first aid
The author Robert Wicks is the author of Haynes's Adventure Motorcycling and works as Commercial Director for the Powerboat P1 World Championship. Greg Baker is a veteran motorcycle enthusiast, having owned more than 35 different motorcycles to date. The pair have ridden together extensively and together have more than 100,000 miles in the saddle.
The information on this page is supplied courtesy of Haynes Publishing, please credit accordingly if you intend to use it. For more information or to request a review copy please contact Spirit PR on 0117 944 1415 or email Haynes PR
Haynes Manuals is the world's leading publisher of illustrated workshop car and motorcycle manuals, as well as producing manuals on a wide range of DIY, leisure and lifestyle subjects. These will continue to include motoring and motorsport related subjects.